Proxifier Features and Specifications
System and Hardware Requirements
- Windows (32- and 64-bit) XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10.
- Windows Server (32- and 64-bit) 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
- macOS 10.4-10.15, 11.
- IA-32 or x86_64 processor family. Legacy version for PowerPC G3, G4 and G5 is available for Mac.
- 10 MB of free disk space.
- TCP/IP network.
- Installation pack in a single exe-file (4 MB approx.)
- Installation requires administrator rights. After the installation, Proxifier can be run by any user.
- Silent (unattended) mode supported.
- All Proxifier binaries are signed with Initex digital certificate issued by a trusted root CA.
- Portable Edition does not need installation and can be run from a removable media.
- Custom installation packs (MSI, ZIP, XCOPY deployment, etc.) can be provided on demand.
- Personal settings are preserved during the update.
- Auto check for updates on start.
- Proxifier can process all outgoing TCP connections.
- Full IPv6 support.
- Tunnel IPv4 connections through IPv6 proxy and vice versa.
- SOCKS 4 and SOCKS 4A (hostnames support) with User ID authentication.
- SOCKS 5 with Username/Password authentication.
- HTTPS with Basic and NTLM authentication (explicit and transparent modes).
- HTTP with Basic authentication (HTTP connections only).
- Tested with all major proxy server implementations including Microsoft ISA, Blue Coat, WinGate, Dante, Squid, Apache and others.
- Failover (redundancy list) allows assigning any number of back up proxies. Timeout is configurable.
- Proxy failure is transparent for the client application if redundancy is enabled.
- Each proxy can be assigned a short name (label) that can be conveniently used in other parts of Proxifier.
- Arbitrary length.
- Different proxy protocols can be used within the same chain.
- Proxies in the chain can be enabled/disabled.
- Convenient UI that allows chain creation and reordering with drag-and-drop.
- Load balancing chains.
- 32- and 64-bit applications support.
- Windows Services and applications run by other users (configurable).
- Proxification is transparent for the client applications.
- Best-in-class compatibility with the third party software. Automated conflict-resolution logic.
- System DNS and DNS over proxy supported.
- Hybrid mode.
- Automatic DNS mode detection.
- DNS over Proxy is supported for all proxy protocols.
- DNS exclusion list with wildcards (e.g. *.example.net).
- Proxification rules can be based on application names, IP addresses, hostnames and port numbers.
- Each rule can be assigned to proxy, chain, block or direct connection.
- Rules are processed from top to bottom and can be reordered.
- Wildcards and masks are supported for applications, IP addresses and hostnames (e.g. *app.exe; 192.168.*.*; *.example.net).
- Ranges are supported for IP addresses and port numbers (e.g. 10.1.1.1–10.1.1.255; 80–1234).
- Live syntax check with highlighting.
- Individual rules can be enabled/disabled.
- Proxifier context menu (right-click on arbitrary .exe file) allows dynamic proxy selection for the application within a session.
Configuration Deployment and Management
- Configuration is stored in profile files (*.ppx).
- Human readable XML format.
- Unlimited length.
- Fast profile switching from a list.
- Profiles can be managed as files. Import and export is supported.
- Silent profile load with “Proxifier.exe profile-name.ppx silent-load” command.
- Profiles proxy passwords encryption with the current user login credentials or master password.
- Basic and AES 256-bit encryption supported.
- System-wide profile that is forcibly used for all users.
- User can enter login details interactively if login/password is blank in the profile.
- Proxifier can interactively ask login/password if authentication on proxy fails.
- Automatic profile update from a remote Web server. User’s proxy login details get preserved.
- An option to force profile passwords encryption via system registry.
- Fully compatible Proxifier profiles of Windows and Mac versions.
User Interface and Interaction
- Live information about connections including application name, target host, time/status, rule/proxy, received/sent bytes and more.
- Live traffic (bandwidth) graph.
- Live global statistics.
- Live output with 3 levels of verbosity.
- Color indication.
- System tray icon with traffic view.
- Adjustable UI that is persistent during restart (windows sizes, panes layout, etc).
Logs and Troubleshooting
- Detailed error messages.
- Verbose mode for screen and log-file with a detailed output.
- Traffic dumps.
- Automatic self-check testing on each start.
- Automatic conflict detection logic.
- Custom crash reporter.
- Plain-text license keys (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX).
- Multiple licenses can be assigned to a single key.
- Automatic license deployment.
- Key can be directly written to the system registry before or after the installation.
- 31-day free trial with no limitations.
Support and Documentation
- Detailed documentation with images and examples.
- Online and offline (integrated) versions are available.
- Fast and professional support over email.
- English only.
Development and Copyrights
- All copyrights to Proxifier are exclusively owned by Initex.
- Proxifier does not contain or link any open source, freeware or third-party code.
- Windows version is built with Microsoft Visual C++ 2013.
- Mac version is built with Apple Xcode 8.
- Windows install package is built with Inno Setup.